[U-Boot-Users] need help

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Mon Nov 8 16:35:51 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 07:21, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <OFAC64372A.C0ED0594-ON65256F44.001D4E78-65256F44.001D6C9F at lntinfotech.com> you wrote:
> >
> >     i am new to porting U-Boot loader and i need some information from yu
> > kindky help me
> >  i required to port linux on customized MPC8560ADS board(it has a flash of
> > intel TE28F128J3C150).we use win power  ice for porting U-Boot
> > loader(Note: the board is a raw board)
>
> If it's a standard MPC8560ADS that you can find the documentation  at
> Freescale;  if  it's  a  modified  board than ask the guys wo did the
> modification. Or how could we know  anything  about  your  customized
> board ?!?

Wolfgang is correct here.  If it is a standard MPC8560ADS board, it
also should have arrived on your desk with U-Boot on it already.
If for some reason U-Boot isn't there, we've been placing it there
using the BDI-2000.  Your ICE mechanism may also work.

> >  so now the problem is we dont have any document about the board
> >  specifing the memory address of the flash or ram
> >  so how can we know about the starting address of the flash and ram
>
> The memory map is defined in software, i. e. it is  you  who  designs
> the configuration. Just go on and do it. I guess you can just use the
> existing MPC8560ADS configuration.

Right.  What do you want it to be?  If you are then wanting to
boot the MPC8560ADS linux as well, we strongly recommend that you
follow the address map that is documented in the README.mpc85xxads.

> >  kindly specifi any revelent information/documents /links specifing
> > porting U-Boot loader to MPC8560ADS
>
> What exactly do you mean by "porting" ? The MPC8560ADS is one of  the
> supproted targets - no porting is necessary.

Please read the U-Boot doc/README.mpc85xxads file.

Thanks,
jdl