[U-Boot-Users] need help

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 6 14:21:08 CET 2004

In message <OFAC64372A.C0ED0594-ON65256F44.001D4E78-65256F44.001D6C9F at lntinfotech.com> you wrote:

>     i am new to porting U-Boot loader and i need some information from yu
> kindky help me
>  i required to port linux on customized MPC8560ADS board(it has a flash of
> intel TE28F128J3C150).we use win power  ice for porting U-Boot
> loader(Note: the board is a raw board)

If it's a standard MPC8560ADS that you can find the documentation  at
Freescale;  if  it's  a  modified  board than ask the guys wo did the
modification. Or how could we know  anything  about  your  customized
board ?!?

>  so now the problem is we dont have any document about the board
>  specifing the memory address of the flash or ram
>  so how can we know about the starting address of the flash and ram

The memory map is defined in software, i. e. it is  you  who  designs
the configuration. Just go on and do it. I guess you can just use the
existing MPC8560ADS configuration.

>  kindly specifi any revelent information/documents /links specifing
> porting U-Boot loader to MPC8560ADS

What exactly do you mean by "porting" ? The MPC8560ADS is one of  the
supproted targets - no porting is necessary.

> --=_alternative 001D6C9665256F44_=

And please NEVER post HTML to this list. Never!!!

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are three ways to get something  done:  do  it  yourself,  hire
someone, or forbid your kids to do it.