[U-Boot-Users] RE: PATCH: add low-boot configuration to MPC8260ADS family of boards (VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE))

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Nov 9 15:14:46 CET 2004

Indeed that would be a problem.  I notice your MODCK_H is different too
(last nibble is 6 vs. 5).  This should be handled in
include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h where the HRCW is defined.

I don't know if it is practical to define all the combinations since I
don't know what all the combinations are -- the boards may or may not
have L2 cache (mine doesn't), on my board the PHY IRQ is 3 (unless 60x
bus parity is disabled in which case it is 7), etc.

The question is whether we can #define our way out of these
configuration differences or if we will have to accept that people with
these board will have to review and change their HRCW definition.

I propose you figure out what your HRCW should be, with some notes in
terms of how your board is configured vs. what it can be configured for.
I'll do the same with my PQ2FADS-ZU board.  This will probably be
managable and we can send a patch to Wolfgang.  If and when others work
with different boards, they can extend what we start, assuming it stays
reasonable.

I see Yuli Barcohen <yuli at arabellasw.com> is the board maintainer of
record for the MPC8260ADS board, perhaps he is on this list and has some
wisdom to impart?

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of
IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.