[U-Boot-Users] RTC required for network support on OCOTEA?

Andrew Wozniak awozniak at mc.com
Wed Nov 10 17:30:52 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

We are in the process of porting ocotea-based U-Boot 1.1.1 to custom
ppc440gx hardware. Everything is pretty much working except for the
network interface.  We can send out a ping but never process the reply.
Ethereal does see both the ping and reply packets!

In debugging the network component of U-Boot, someone mentioned that a
RTC might be required for proper operation. Unlike the OCOTEA board, we
do NOT have a RTC.  After examining all the READMEs and looking at
source code, I don't see any dependency on a RTC. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Andy