[U-Boot-Users] Help:Make error in lite5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 10 22:40:18 CET 2004

In message <000001c4c736$b9294eb0$37db1cde at xueming> you wrote:

>    I took the following step, and get error.Please help me to see what
> happened.
>    Host : Redhat 9.0 , toolchain: ppc_82xx-

Where is this toolchain coming from?

>    1) Set PATH
>    2) Set CROSS_COMPLIE and export
>    3) make mrproper
>    4) make Lite5200_LOWBOOT_config
>    5) make, then erorr as :
>     in file  /cpu/mpc5xxx/start.S:
>     in line 60 :  unkown symbol : start_got
>    My question is :   where to define START_GOT ?

This works fine here... [using ELDK 3.0 and 3.1] -  I  guess  it's  a
toolchain  problem,  then  [or  maybe  rthere  was  a  windoze system
involved when you downloaded / copied the sources?]

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.
                - Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982