[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on EP8260 M 1.3

Nishant Galange nishant.subs at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 11 17:05:57 CET 2004

Hi all

I tried to replace the PlanetCore bootloader with U-Boot. I successfully (struggled and) erased the PlanetCore bootloader. I then programmed U-Boot into the FLASH (8 Mb) using CodeWarrior and WireTAP.

I used the standard (unmodified) image of U-Boot for the EP8260 compiled using the ELDK.

CodeWarrior reports that the u-boot image was successfully programmed. However, nothing appears on the monitor console after power-up. Even the LEDs stop glowing.

I also tried to restore the HRCW using the procedure given in the manual:
 - Keep RO2 shorted
 - Apply Power
 - Program the bootloader (U-boot image)
 - Remove power
 - Remove the short

All in vain. The board still does not show anything on the console. Is U-boot running? How do I proceed from here?

I am fairly new to U-boot, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Nishant