[U-Boot-Users] uImage's load address and entry point?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 13 20:30:27 CET 2004

In message <c3d0340b041112155334118395 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have built a uClinux kernel image vmlinux and the header information
> is dumped here by objdump. I want to make a uImage to let u-boot start
> linux and am confused about the values of load address and entry
> point. If the uImage is built from raw binary linux.bin, the load
> address and entry point should be set to 0. Right? If it is built from

Maybe, maybe not. I have no idea what your memory map looks like.

> vmlinux, the entry point in my case should be 0x00008000, what' should
> be the load address?

load address and entry point address do NOT depend on which image you
use for building the U-Boot image (actually the only choice you  have
is  using the raw binary or the compressed raw binary). They depen on
your kernel's memory map, and nothing else.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that  causes  you
to  stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you
have crossed the mountain.