[U-Boot-Users] uImage's load address and entry point?

Shawn shawnxjin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 01:50:09 CET 2004

> > vmlinux, the entry point in my case should be 0x00008000, what' should
> > be the load address?
>
> load address and entry point address do NOT depend on which image you
> use for building the U-Boot image (actually the only choice you  have
> is  using the raw binary or the compressed raw binary). They depen on
> your kernel's memory map, and nothing else.

I noticed that the load address and entry point are all set to
${ZRELADDR} in both arch/armnommu/boot/Makefile and
arch/arm/boot/Makefile. In my case (CM946E and Integrator CP) the
memory map is as follows.

0x00000000    ---    Flash (alias)
0x00100000    ---    SDRAM (128M)
0x10000000    ---    CM control registers
0x24000000    ---    Flash (16M)

At reset the top 256K (0x24FC0000 - 0x24FFFFFF) of flash is mapped to
address 0x0.

So ${ZRELADDR} should be set to 0x00180000, right? Thus the load
address and entry point are both set to 0x00180000. Right?

Thanks,
-Shawn.