[U-Boot-Users] env_init hangs!!!

Rodel Miguel rodelfmiguel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:43:22 CET 2004

Hi All,

I've searched the archives for this, but I'm not successful.

I am porting u-boot_1.1.1 on an arm920t based board.  I used SMDK2410
as my template for porting.  I modified the flash, UART, and memsetup
that would suit my board, however there were no messages displayed on
the UART.  I tried to trace which point in the u-boot code does my
system hang.  The program counter stops in the crc32 call in the
env_init function ( ! CFG_ENV_ADDR_REDUND ).  What could be causing my
system to hang on the ff. line:

        if (crc32(0, env_ptr->data, ENV_SIZE) == env_ptr->crc)

Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards,

Rodel