[U-Boot-Users] How to compile UBOOT using CodeWarrior(in Windows)

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Wed Nov 17 09:09:44 CET 2004

    Apoorv> 1. Can anyone tell me how to compile UBOOT using Metrowerks
    Apoorv>    CodeWarrior?

U-Boot uses GCC-specific features so if your compiler is not GCC you
probably can't use it for U-Boot. If you insist on working in Windows,
your best bet is using Cygwin.

    Apoorv> 2. I have already complied UBOOT using ELDK.
    Apoorv>    Can anyone tell me how to make CodeWarrior project after
    Apoorv>    compiling UBOOT using ELDK?

Just open the ELF file (u-boot) in CodeWarrior. CodeWarrior will build
the project (with many warnings, though). For flash burning and simple
debugging it should be enough. You have to read CodeWarrior
documentation to understand how to fix the project for your needs.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel