[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot for CSB226

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 17 15:44:23 CET 2004

In message <1100701734.2357.28.camel at mbmatejdebian.ultra.si> you wrote:

> > This is a FAQ; please see
> > http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM
>
> Just one comment, maybe:

The FAQ tries to answer FAQ's, obviously, and thus must be a bit generic.

> 5) set the breakpoint at that address in the terminal connected to
>    the BDI2000:
>    # rm 15 <address_of_fucntion>
>    (You can also use the mon command in the gdb console)
> 6) Select connect target in the Insight menu
> 7) Now set the breakpoints as you wish and debug the target downloaded
>    to the RAM.

First, this may work fior you, but it will not work for me.  It  does
not work on PowerPC, and it does not work on MIPS for example. And it
does  not  work if you have configured your BDI200 as recommended, i.
e. that it works with a mostly virgin CPU.

> Of course this assumes, that your BDI configuration file has setup
> memory controller correctly and you can access the RAM.
>
> Any comments?

Yes, This is one of the many things you can do if you know  what  you
are  doing. If you don't have a clue it will just cause more problems
and questions.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A day without sunshine is like night.