[U-Boot-Users] Sharing Question....

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Thu Nov 18 22:09:25 CET 2004

On my board, I share the same memory space for flash, as I do for ethernet.
(my processor only allows 4Meg of external async memory, in 1Meg address
size, and I have 4 Meg of Flash).

Today, I swap things over in the ethernet driver (a small ifdef
<board_name> in eth_start and eth_end). Since this is in the architecture
independent code, I know this is a no-no...

Is there a better place to put things? I tried in the flash.c but that
means when I want to do a memory dump, I always see ethernet, not flash,
and after a cp.b, a cmp.b doesn't work.

Thanks
-Robin