[U-Boot-Users] Remote Kermit Not Responding

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 19 16:25:14 CET 2004

In message <698a2fda04111900596ef08084 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> some commands successfully, e.g. go, printenv, help, etc.  However,
> when I try to download a binary image using kermit's send, and typing
> loadb to the serial console, the message "Remote Kermit Not

This sounds as if you were trying to do it in the  wrong  order.  You
are  aware  that  you  FIRST start "loadb", then disconnent, and only
then type "send /bin ...filename..." at the kermit pro,mpt?

> Responding" is logged on the terminal.  When I type ^C, the message
> states that I have downloaded 0 bytes.  What could be causing this
> problem?  What U-Boot configuration might I have missed out?  What

This is most likely a usage error. See the  manual  for  instructions
how to configure Kermit.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is the  most  likely
to be correct.                                    -- William of Occam