[U-Boot-Users] U-boot and Lubbock framebuffer

Francesco Vozza fvozza at linux.it
Sat Nov 20 11:01:31 CET 2004

Hi all,
I want to use u-boot on an Intel DBPXA250 (Lubbock) platform to run a
2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2 linux kernel, but I'm experiencing problems when kernel
starts and tries to switch the console to the framebuffer device
(80x30). Until this point I can see booting messages on the LCD display,
then everything hangs. If I disable the framebuffer console the kernel
works.
Since I don't experience this problem with redboot, I was wondering if
it could be something in the LCD initialization code in u-boot that
could cause later kernel hang when dealing with fb.
Does anybody experience similar problems with u-boot on lubbock or have
some tips that could help me?
Thanks.

Francesco