[U-Boot-Users] porting to custom at 91 board

Z.N. zoldnap at freemail.hu
Sun Nov 21 00:23:39 CET 2004

Dear developers!

As some advised, instead of trying to write a boot loader for a custom
AT91 board, I wanted to use the loader.bin and u-boot.bin from ATMEL.

However, after transferring loader.bin, the 'C'-s appear, however, I
cannot transfer u-boot.bin, because Hyper terminal displays some "Error
limit exceeded" message. (I've also tried with minicom, it gives a
couple of NAK messages when transferring u-boot.bin).

What can be the error?

My board is more or less the same as at19rm9200dk, however it has only 1
chip of 16 bit SDRAM connected instead of 2 chips (so the data bus is
only 16 bits wide, and memory timings are different). Can this cause a
problem?

My alternate question is, how to port u-boot, so that I can start it in
RAM with the above configuration (I've got a small boot loader done in
assembly, which is loaded from SPI on startup. So I could store u-boot
in the SPI flash, and load it to RAM from there on startup by my small
boot loader. how to do this? eg. where to load the u-boot image in RAM?
I guess I have to also adjust the SDRAM setup and timings which are
differing from the atmel DK.). have anyone ported u-boot to such a
configuration?

I'd be grateful if you could give me any pointers on this problem.

Best Regards,
Zo