[U-Boot-Users] porting to custom at 91 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 21 01:06:03 CET 2004

In message <1100993019.6511.10.camel at localhost> you wrote:

> As some advised, instead of trying to write a boot loader for a custom
> AT91 board, I wanted to use the loader.bin and u-boot.bin from ATMEL.

Even better just use U-Boot and forget about loader.bin ...

> My alternate question is, how to port u-boot, so that I can start it in
> RAM with the above configuration (I've got a small boot loader done in
> assembly, which is loaded from SPI on startup. So I could store u-boot
> in the SPI flash, and load it to RAM from there on startup by my small
> boot loader. how to do this? eg. where to load the u-boot image in RAM?
> I guess I have to also adjust the SDRAM setup and timings which are
> differing from the atmel DK.). have anyone ported u-boot to such a
> configuration?

Instead of doing all  this  which  is  really  non-trivial  and  also
ineffficient you could just boot from flash. I've just checked in the
necessary patches for the AT91RM9200DK and CMC_PU2 boards ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Thought for the day: What if there were no hypothetical situations?