[U-Boot-Users] Uboot over Redboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 20 15:26:10 CET 2004

In message <000401c4ced5$9c4ffc20$4501a8c0 at bgcw301> you wrote:

> Just a bit more. Is there any reference which provides the
> functionalities supported by uboot of size 80KB?

No, but you can easily try it out  -  chose  a  board  (probably  one
without embedded environment) and de-select features; build and test.

> Performance option was wrong. It doesn't mean anything to the
> bootloader.

Well, of course the boot loader should not add unnecessary delays  to
the total boot time.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Programmer's Lament: (Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act I, Scene vii)
        "That we but teach bloody instructions,
        which, being taught, return to plague the inventor..."