[U-Boot-Users] Remote Kermit Not Responding

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 22 08:51:08 CET 2004

In message <698a2fda04112119205dfd397b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am using windoze kermit.  So, I would type loadb first.  Then, click
> on kermit->send.
> Am I doing something wrong here?  Are there options needed by u-boot
> to successfully communicate/download files with kermit, i.e. protocol?

Did you read what I replied to  you  first  question?  I  don't  like
repeating myself.

> > This sounds as if you were trying to do it in the  wrong  order.  You
> > are  aware  that  you  FIRST start "loadb", then disconnent, and only
> > then type "send /bin ...filename..." at the kermit pro,mpt?

In other words: are you sure you're using kermit BINARY protocol  for
sending?

> > This is most likely a usage error. See the  manual  for  instructions
> > how to configure Kermit.

Did  you  read  the  manual  about  the   necessary   /   recommended
configuration settings?

[Maybe you want to dump windoze kermit for a moment (who  knows  what
that  might  actually  be doing) and use the real kermit under Linux;
once you got this running you can try and go back  to  windoze  fight
the problems of this hostile environment.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"...this does not mean that some of us should not want, in  a  rather
dispassionate sort of way, to put a bullet through csh's head."
                   - Larry Wall in <1992Aug6.221512.5963 at netlabs.com>