[U-Boot-Users] Remote Kermit Not Responding

Rodel Miguel rodelfmiguel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:18:34 CET 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your time.  I followed the manual line by line. :) but I
didnt get through the loadb command.  I am using the kermit of Suse
9.1.  Did some changes on the .kermrc to support my board whose max
uart baudrate is 19200.  I used the ff:

set line /dev/ttyS0
set speed 19200
set carrier-watch off
set handshake none
set flow-control none
robust
set file type bin
set file name lit
set  rec pack 1000  (also tried lower values for rec and send without
success, 167)
set send pack 1000
set window 5

Now I am sure I'm using kermit protocol for downloading binary files.
When I type loadb and disconnected on the serial console (Ctrl-\C),
then typed "send /bin /..." I get the following errors... :

************************************
SEND-class command failed.
  Packets sent: 2
  Retransmissions: 101
  Timeouts: 0
  Damaged packets: 0
  Fatal Kermit Protocol Error: Too many retries.

HINTS...

Are there special "kermit" settings for U-Boot/loadb (except for
enabling the command: CONFIG_CMD_DFL)?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Rodel