[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 16:41:44 CET 2004

In message <41A346BD.2060207 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> > * Patch by Steven Scholz, 25 Oct 2004:
> >   - Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET and board_pre_reset() to allow
> >     code to be executed before actually rebooting
>
> any new opinions on this topic?

No.

[Actually I think that it might make sense to perform certain cleanup
operations in case of an orderly reboot; on the other hand the reboot
code _must_not_ depend on such cleanup. In your case there  seems  to
be  such  a  dependency.  I'd  rather see that you fix the reset code
first, and then (if there is still need for it) we  might  allow  for
pre-reset cleanup functions.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from a recent meeting:   "We are going to continue having these
meetings everyday until I find out why no work is getting done."