[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Nov 23 16:48:14 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <41A346BD.2060207 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:
>
>>>* Patch by Steven Scholz, 25 Oct 2004:
>>>  - Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET and board_pre_reset() to allow
>>>    code to be executed before actually rebooting
>>
>>any new opinions on this topic?
>

> No.
>
> [Actually I think that it might make sense to perform certain cleanup
> operations in case of an orderly reboot; on the other hand the reboot
> code _must_not_ depend on such cleanup. In your case there  seems  to
> be  such  a  dependency.  I'd  rather see that you fix the reset code
> first, and then (if there is still need for it) we  might  allow  for
> pre-reset cleanup functions.]

But as I pointed out apparently other boards need something like that too:

.globl reset_cpu
reset_cpu:
# ifdef CONFIG_TRAB
	bl	disable_vfd
# endif

So reset is cpu (better SoC) specific and might even be board specific.

Of coures we can clobber cpu/arm920t/start.S with reset code for every cpu, SoC
and board ... adding loads of nice #ifdef's ;-)

--
Steven