[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Introducing CONFIG_BOARD_PRE_RESET

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 17:47:20 CET 2004

In message <41A35BBE.90501 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> But as I pointed out apparently other boards need something like that too:

No.

> .globl reset_cpu
> reset_cpu:
> # ifdef CONFIG_TRAB
> 	bl	disable_vfd
> # endif

The TRAB board will perfectly reset the  board  if  you  remove  this
code.  It  just doesn't look as nice (flicker on the display). That's
what I meant that some boards may _want_ such a function.

> So reset is cpu (better SoC) specific and might even be board specific.

You may want to run board-specific code _before_ reset, but the reset
operation itself should IMHO not depend on board  specific  features.
It's always processor (CPU or SoC or what you may call it) specific.

> Of coures we can clobber cpu/arm920t/start.S with reset code for every cpu, SoC
> and board ... adding loads of nice #ifdef's ;-)

This is certainly NOT my intention. I think I explained before what I
have in mind.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.