[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC for AT91RM9200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 16:45:01 CET 2004

In message <41A34505.4030209 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> So I'd like to move out the clock specific stuff into
> a) board depended memsetup.S or clocksetup.S or
> b) a cpu dependend cpu/(arm920t/)at91rm9200/clock.{c,S}.
>
> What do you think?

If you submit a patch, and I find that it works on all systems I  can
test, then it is OK with me.

> And:
> I don't think CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC is a good name!
> U-Boot should not "include the functionality of boot.bin in u-boot" but include
> lowlevel, hardware dependend init functionality!

OK, ok, ok.

> There already is CONFIG_INIT_CRITICAL. We can add CONFIG_INIT_CLOCKS or
> CONFIG_INIT_MEMORY or CONFIG_INIT_SDRAM or CONFIG_INIT_LOWLEVEL...

The current setup allows to change a single #define to switch between
two different modes of  operation:  using  boot.bin,  and  not  using
boot.bin.  I  don't  really  care about the name of theis variable as
long as it's decoumented and works. But please don;t split it into 15
different names that must be set in a consistent way.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We have the right to survive!"
"Not be killing others."
	-- Deela and Kirk, "Wink of An Eye", stardate 5710.5