[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC for AT91RM9200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 18:18:19 CET 2004

In message <41A36A80.2070608 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> > I wish that code was never written.
> Why is that so bad? It makes it possible to debug U-Boot with just loading the
> image into RAM using BDI2000.

Which is an unsupported mode of operation which works for a  handfull
of experts and causes confusion with many, many newbees.

> But how would you debug U-Boot?

As I always do. Attach the BDI, burn to flash, start in GDB.

> I though the common way is to disabled relocation and memsetup, load that U-Boot
> image with an BDI2000 into RAM and execute it - skipping the init code...

No. This is not the way things should be done. You can do this if you
know exactly what you're doing, but it does not help you nor will  it
save you any time. On contrary. It will cost additional time.

Anyway, this is a FAQ, so please RTFM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Consultants are mystical people who ask a company for  a  number  and
then give it back to them.