[U-Boot-Users] PPC4xx: SDRAM detection (bug?)

Andrew E. Mileski andrewm at isoar.ca
Sun Nov 28 23:29:23 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
> in message <41A90923.4080509 at isoar.ca> you wrote:
>
>>Example from 1.1.1 (off the top of my head): line 1077
>
> Such a statement is absolutely useless. If you are referring to  some
> code,  please provide the name of the file, version / timestamp and a
> snippet of the relevant code.
>
> A plain line number is just bogus.

Wolfgang, you can trust that when I'm prepared to submit a patch for
changes, all the pertinent information will be provided for those not
expected to be currently looking at the file.  I merely mentioned it
to illustrate that there is questionable code in the file.  It was
not my intention to submit a patch request at this time, as I stated.
I apologize for leading you and list readers to believe otherwise.

However for your reference, line 1077 from the tarball
   ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/u-boot-1.1.1.tar.bz2
in the  file cpu/ppc4xx/spd_sdram.c is dated Dec 9 2003.  There is no
file version number that I can locate.  The line reads:
   case 0x011:
which should be
   case 0x01:
Nobody has noticed, since this condition is not commonly encountered.
I only noticed it when looking at the source.  It sort of stands out.

Those that would like to see my current patch for this file can contact
me directly off-list.  As I stated, it's not yet ready for official
distribution, and it is 1.0.2 based.  It is also fairly large for a
posting to the list.

--
Andrew E. Mileski