[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for pxa255

Sharad P. Katti sharad.katti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:39:15 CET 2004

Hi,

Since the board doesnot have the nework to test from the net, I tried
that to check whether I'm doing the right thing or not.

The board has 512K of flash, onto which I'm writing the U-boot (its of
64K), and in the remaining space, I'm writing the kernel (which is
around 350K, and its only for the testing).

Now to boot from the image, I'm planning to do the following,

1> Copy the Image from the flash to the RAM,
2> and then give the control to the image location in RAM (using the
bootm command).

Please confirm me whether I'm doing the right thing.

Finally the board has to boot from the harddisk, and the IDE is
interfaced to the CPU through GPIOs,
Is there any code in which the IDE initialization is done using the
GPIOs, since we are not getting how to give the IDE_BASE_ADDR.

TIA,

best regards,
--
Sharad P.Katti