[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for pxa255

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 30 10:28:02 CET 2004

In message <eae046ff04113000585c0654fd at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm able to get u-boot prompt on my serial console,
> I appended the kernel image with the u-boot.bin file, and write the
> new image onto the flash.

Why are you doing this? Keeping the Linux kernel image  separated  is
much more flexible.

> But when I give the address from where my kernel is starting (in the
> appended .bin file), I can just see the message
>
> starting application at 0xa000ebc4....
>                             (which is the address of the kernel )

You must be doing something seriously wrong here.  To  boot  a  Linux
kernel you have to use the "bootm" command, which never prints such a
message.

> How can I check whether the bootloader and kernel are copied to the
> ram from the flash, as I'm not using the network features to download
> the image.

If you Linux kernel image is aligned  to  a  flash  sector  then  the
"imls"  command  will  find  and  verify it. If it is not aligned you
should reconsider why you are doing this (differently than  the  rest
of the world).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.