[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash.c

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Mon Oct 4 18:43:37 CEST 2004

We are using this driver with CSB272 and CSB472 (both PPC405
based boards).

The driver works OK on CSB272 where flash is setup as 2 side-by-
side chips each x16 and accessed via a 32 bit CS.

However, on CSB472 we have some apparently minor issue
somewhere. The flash is setup as 1 chip of x16 and accessed via a
16 bit chip select. The protect on/off, erase commands work well. cp
command also work OK but after the flash write is completed it
leaves the flash array in command mode instead of returning to
read mode.

The workaround for now is to reset the board after programming or
issue a protect on/off command.

The flash chip is an Intel 28F640 and I've sync to U-Boot CVS last
monday.

Has anyone seen this problem, made a patch? I've posted about
this before a few months ago but there was more pressing issues to
deal with. If someone has solved this problem and a patch is in
pipeline, I would like to try it otherwise I need to get my hands dirty
to find out why the array is left in command mode.

Best regards,
Tolunay