[U-Boot-Users] How to compile U-boot using Metrowerks Code warrior on windows.

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Oct 5 14:32:58 CEST 2004

How much smaller did the little bird estimate?  Unless you are at 101% of your available memory and have no more u-boot commands that you can disable, making u-boot smaller has no benefit.  Jerry's Rule: Any memory that is not used by the program is wasted.

This little bird says that disabling unnecessary commands is likely to save you more memory than changing compilers and it is much less painful.

Building u-boot under Windows is swimming upstream through the rapids.  Besides the obvious extra effort it takes, there are a lot of rocks in there.  Building under Windows and simultaneously switching to an unfamiliar compiler is trying to swim/jump up a waterfall.  I've seen salmon do it, but it is a huge effort and many of them never make it.

Bottom line: Tell the little bird to verify the accuracy of his statement on his own (politely, of course, if he is your PHB).

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.