[U-Boot-Users] compile

Friedrich, Lars lars.friedrich at wago.com
Fri Oct 8 08:37:15 CEST 2004

> can metrowerks's codewarrior complile the u-boot?
>    i want to port the u-boot to my arm lpc2210 in linux , but
> the board don't give the jtag driver that can write/read
> flash  in linux ,so i want to complile the u-boot in
> codewarrior  and write into flash by jtag in windows

a) The AXD Debugger is able to load the compiled u-boot loader even if it was
not compiled with Metrowerks Codewarrior. Of course, you have to select to load *.*
and not *.axf files. So there is no need to compile it under Metrowerks.
b) I'm quite sure that gdb can communicate with your JTAG interface, if the
AXD debugger can do so. The AXD Debugger uses the Arm/Angel protocol and the
gdb can do so, too. If the gdb has ARM support compiled in, it automatically adds
the necessary RDI entries for Arm/Angel support via ethernet and serial interface.
Therefore you can load u-boot into memory via JTAG, execute it and use u-boot to
write to flash.

Best regards,
Lars Friedrich