[U-Boot-Users] Re: how to run hello_world

Farrukh Masood farrukh_masood at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 15:21:54 CEST 2004

Hi!
   Please tell me where can i find hello_world.bin file and where should it be put on the host system to be accessible from u-boot based target system with tftpboot command.

It will be quite helpful for me if you can stepwise describe the procedure as I am unable to understand it from the denx tutorial.

thanks alot

Regards
Chishti

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
In message <20041007160300.20228.qmail at web25404.mail.ukl.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> As described in u-boot readme file, to run hello_world example we have to write "loads", but this command doesnt seem to work with me and give the following msg
>
> Unknown command 'loads' - try 'help'

Then it seems this command was not enabled in your board
configuration. But you can load the file using TFTP as well.

> and when i give the command go 40004 Hello World! This is a test.
>
> following error msg appears

Ummm.. did you really expect that some magic code would spring into
life and do something reasonable when you jump to this address after