[U-Boot-Users] RTC Question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 8 20:17:37 CEST 2004

In message <6.1.1.1.0.20041008090220.01e07ec0 at wheresmymailserver.com> you wrote:

> General question, in the specific processor (Blackfin BF533) that I am
> using, the on-board RTC can have a 32768 days, and defaults to starting at
> 01Jan1970. This means that RTC rollover will occur around Fri, 19-Sep-2059
> 11:59pm. On Sat 20-Sep-2059, the date will be displayed as Thur 01-Jan-1970.
>
> Should I add extra complexity, to extend things past this?

Hou could you fix this? U-Boot will probably not even be running when
the rollover happens, so it has zero chance to notice. Of course  you
can  assume that no board will ever show a legal time before 2004, so
you could always add of offset equivalent to 34 years to  your  RTC's
date,  shifting  the  problem until 2093 ... The offset is trivial to
implement, and probably all you ever need.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Microsoft Compatibility:
     your old Windows 3.11 application crash exactly as the new ones.