[U-Boot-Users] RTC Question

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Fri Oct 8 18:27:21 CEST 2004

All:

General question, in the specific processor (Blackfin BF533) that I am
using, the on-board RTC can have a 32768 days, and defaults to starting at
01Jan1970. This means that RTC rollover will occur around Fri, 19-Sep-2059
11:59pm. On Sat 20-Sep-2059, the date will be displayed as Thur 01-Jan-1970.

Should I add extra complexity, to extend things past this?

I see issues in other code that will roll over around 19Jan2038, so I would
expect that others are not concerned about it?

-Robin