[U-Boot-Users] Unable to run hello_world

Jim McNamara jmcnamara at kimble.ie
Mon Oct 11 18:06:00 CEST 2004

> In message <PKEEJGHDPBIDKDLLBHPIAEKBCBAA.jmcnamara at kimble.ie> you wrote:
> >
> > I can load the resultant binary using the loadb command but an
> exception is
> > generated when I attempt to run the program:
> > I had a look at what's going on with the debugger - hello_world
> is jumping
> > to an incorrect address (0xff97b8). This happens at the very
> start of the
> > program.
>
> This probably means that the stub code which exports U-Boot functions
> for use in stanbdalone applications is  incorrect  and/or  incomplete
> for your platform.

I've stepped through the code with the debugger and the stub code seems to
be working fine. I set the PC to getc() in hello_world and I was able to
jump to serial_getc() in u-boot. D7 is pointing to the start of global data,
as expected.

However, I did notice that both the u-boot monitor and the hello_world app
are using the same vaue for A5 when jumping to other functions - hello_world
is pointing to u-boot's data/bss section. Does anyone know how I can get the
hello_world app to load it's own A5 value before it begins its own
processing??