[U-Boot-Users] Is this a bug? /rtc/date.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 10 16:56:55 CEST 2004

In message <6.1.1.1.0.20041009225046.01e26a58 at wheresmymailserver.com> you wrote:

> Dates up to 19Jan2038 03:14:08 work fine, but dates after don't:

Yes, this is normal. Unix time ends in 2038.

> Potential solutions:

Don't try to re-invent the wheel.

> Because this affects so many architectures/boards, I thought I would ask:
> a) Does anyone care?

Sure. This is a well known problem which has a much wider scope  than
just U-Boot.

> b) What is the preferred method to fix? (I tried option 2, because it is
> the most trivial, and it seems to work fine for me).

You may want to google for the standard solution for this problem.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.
	-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3