[U-Boot-Users] Doubts about usage of BDI2000 !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 14 23:06:10 CEST 2004

In message <93AC2F9171509C4C9CFC01009A820FA0117436 at blr-ec-msg05.wipro.com> you wrote:

> 1. I want to debug u-boot. So to start debugging u-boot, Do I need to
> use bare target board that does not contain u-boot already ?

No. You do the same as always: load (i. e. program to flash) the code
and then start it under control of the debugger.

> 2. I could not start debugging u-boot. So I started debugging kernel
> with the target board that already contains u-boot. Please check the
> following:

This makes no sense. It's like in real life: If the  first  (simpler)
step  fails,  you  should  not  even think about doing the next step,
because usually this will just get you a bloody nose.

> (gdb) target remote 192.168.226.159:2001
> 192.168.226.159:2001: Connection refused.
> (gdb) target remote bdi:2001
> bdi:2001: Connection refused.

Seems you BDI2000  is  configured  for  a  different  IP  address  or
network, or not powered on, or not connected to the network.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Q:  How many DEC repairman does it take to fix a flat ?
A:  Five; four to hold the car up and one to swap tires.