[U-Boot-Users] TFTP configuration Vs gdb response time !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 16 18:46:02 CEST 2004

In message <93AC2F9171509C4C9CFC01009A820FA0117438 at blr-ec-msg05.wipro.com> you wrote:

> 1. I have TFTP server already configured on our network. But the
> response time of gdb is too bad, while debugging. I will not come to
> know what is happening also.

What exactly do you mean by "response time of gdb is too  bad"?  What
exactly  are you trying to do, (which exact commands do you use), and
how long does it take?

> So I thought I will make my PC only as TFTP server to get faster
> response from gdb. This idea is right / wrong ?

Why do you think this would have any impact on GDB's response times?

> If my idea is wrong, what could be the possible reason for gdb's slow
> response ... ? My PC has PIII processor and 128MB RAM. Do you suggest to

What is "slow" for you? What are you trying to do?

> 2. In gdbBDI manual, the explanation is given by directly connecting the
> target board to the host machine with Ethernet cable. Serial cable
> connection is only for initial configuration of BDI. But in my case,
> both the target board and my PC are connected separately to the network.
> Is it ok ?

What do you mean by "connected separately"? I understand that the PC,
the target, and the BDI are in the same subnet, all connected to  the
same hub or switch? Is this understanding correct? [If yes, then this
is perfectly OK.]

> 3. I started to make my PC itself as TFTP server. I followed DLUG
> # CONFIG: cannot open BDI-new.cfg
> # CONFIG: cannot open BDI-new.cfg
> Core#0>
>
> Means, it is not getting my BDI-new.cfg file even though the file is in
> /tftpboot/ directory on my PC while my PC is working as TFTP server. Why
> it is BDI is not able to read BDI-new.cfg ?

Please switch your brain on-line. What might be the reasons  that  an
existing file cannot be read? Access permissions maybe?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All a hacker needs is a tight PUSHJ, a loose pair of UUOs, and a warm
place to shift.