[U-Boot-Users] u-boot 1.1.1 and USB mass storage devices

Shannon Holland holland at loser.net
Tue Oct 19 22:37:41 CEST 2004

Hello,

We are using u-boot on a Samsung S3C2410 based board and have USB
mostly working using the arm920t USB driver. I say mostly working as
some mass storage devices work fine, but most do not.

Typically the behavior we see when they don't work is a "usb reset"
reports the correct number of devices, a "usb tree" will return the
correct device tree but "usb scan" will typically return a lot of
CLI:TIMEOUT errors and seemingly never return. Sometimes it is able to
find the storage device, but reading from it (it has a FAT16
filesystem) will return similar errors.

I'm curious if these are known problems or likely to be something in
the way we have (or have not) set up usb? Might anyone have some
recommendations as to where to start looking?

Thanks for any help!

Shannon