[U-Boot-Users] u-boot 1.1.1 and USB mass storage devices

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 19 23:38:26 CEST 2004

In message <B93B9645-220E-11D9-BC4B-000A959A0A94 at loser.net> you wrote:

> We are using u-boot on a Samsung S3C2410 based board and have USB
> mostly working using the arm920t USB driver. I say mostly working as
> some mass storage devices work fine, but most do not.

This is normal. Use the working tdevices, and throw away the rest.

> I'm curious if these are known problems or likely to be something in
> the way we have (or have not) set up usb? Might anyone have some
> recommendations as to where to start looking?

There are many, many USB devices out there which are out of spec,  or
where  controller/firmware  problems get fixed in the windows drivers
provided by the vendor (either directly  or  through  M$).  Typically
such  devices will not work under Linux, or only with special quirks.
U-Boot does not implement any such  quirks,  which  makes  it  a  bit
picky.

Using USB 2.0 spec'ed devices usually increases the chance that  they
will work with U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Peace was the way.
	-- Kirk, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate unknown