[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot not working on TQM860L

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 19 23:31:20 CEST 2004

Dear Rami,

in message <3B4CA12D75E3144FBABEEF6CABFD4E18511217 at exchange2000.tera-chip.com> you wrote:

> I'm am trying to bring up U-Boot on my TQM860L (8M flash), and have some
> difficulties.
>
> The instructions are simple and straight forward (I compile with the
> TQM860_config parameter).

Thius is your first problem: There is no such  configuration  option.
It's  "TQM860L_config".  [Yes,  this  is  just a tiiny detail, and of
course I know what you mean, but it is  important  to  provide  EXACT
information if you really expect useful answers.]

> The burning of the u-boot.bin file is successful (address 0x40000000).

Wrong. Depending on how you do it you may want to burn it to  address
0x0000  instead (at least if you use our board config file and follow
the _detailed_ instructions in the DULG).

> However, when turning on the power, the system does not respond!  The
> terminal is dead.

Then you have done something wrong.

> I know that the system is functional, because other bootstrap programs,
> such as the TQC monitor, work fine.

U-Boot works fine for me (and some 10.000 other users, too).

> Are there any configurations that should be changed in the TQM860L.h
> configuration file?

No, keep your hands off!

> Any other ideas that might help?

Read and follow the documentation.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes.
	-- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9