R: [U-Boot-Users] Switching of LCD controller before reboot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 22 20:45:39 CEST 2004

In message <NDBBJGGCBKABIDHFAMBIEEJGCEAA.pbroggini at softool.ch> you wrote:

> When I started evaluating/porting U-boot for the i.MX there wasn't yet nay
> support
> for it in the official release 1.1.0.

But it probably was in CVS, which is where all development  is  going
on. Basing new work on an old official release instead of the current
development version seems somewhat short-sighted to me.

> When we'll be finished with our development I'll make the necessary changes
> to be
> "compatible" (there aren't so many differences), as I said that was for me
> the quickest way.

You only think it was. You will lose more time later than  you  might
have saved.

> The basic idea is fine, but as you said, the cpu/arm920t should contains
> only the code
> for the ARM920T and not like start.s which contains SoC specific code
> (S3C24x0).

Feel free suggest a patch to clean up?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That said, there may be good reasons for what you did beyond obsequi-
ous sycophantic parody. Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <5ldjbm$jtk$1 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>