[U-Boot-Users] PPC as host

Richard Klingler richard at uclinux.net
Mon Oct 25 19:20:33 CEST 2004

> The Makefile makes its best guess about cross compilers given very
> limited information.  It may guess wrong, as you are seeing.

In this case it doesn't even 'guess' when cross-compiling for
example with target bfin-elf- (o;

> For more information, see:
>   http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKUsage

>     *  After the installation utility completes, export the
> CROSS_COMPILE variable:
>
> bash$ export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_8xx-

I'm aware of CROSS_COMPILE though admit never read ELDK manuals
since I just don't do PPC development (o;

Just mentioned that there would be an easy fix for cross-compiling
for NON-PPC platforms...but if it's written by Wolfgang..so it should be
(o;

rick