[U-Boot-Users] PPC as host

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 25 19:59:45 CEST 2004

In message <1098724833.1186.15.camel at imac> you wrote:

> > The Makefile makes its best guess about cross compilers given very
> > limited information.  It may guess wrong, as you are seeing.
>
> In this case it doesn't even 'guess' when cross-compiling for
> example with target bfin-elf- (o;

It doesn't guess because you can provide correct information  through
the  documented  ways. I think the make just does what you tell it to
do...

> I'm aware of CROSS_COMPILE though admit never read ELDK manuals
> since I just don't do PPC development (o;

First, the  quoted  document  (DULG)  is  more  than  just  the  ELDK
documentation.  It's  the  manual, and FAQ and some more about U-Boot
and Linux und the rest of the world. You are expected to read it ;-)

Second, the ELDK is more than just PPC, it also covers ARM and MIPS.

> Just mentioned that there would be an easy fix for cross-compiling
> for NON-PPC platforms...but if it's written by Wolfgang..so it should be
> (o;

Not only by me - many people contributed one way or another  (and  if
only by asking FAQ's ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.