[U-Boot-Users] Booting U-Boot from tftp

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 25 23:30:36 CEST 2004

In message <20041025180012.87220.qmail at web25002.mail.ukl.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Would someone happen to know how I could boot into
> U-Boot on IBM Walnut (PPC 405GP) using the ROM monitor
> only? Just for testing before flashing. A ROM monitor

This has been asked many, many times before. It can be done, but this
requires modifications to U-Boot, which require more  knowledge  than
you  have  (no offence meant - but otherwise you wouldn't need to ask
this question). And the modified image will then NOT  besuitable  for
burning to flash. In the end you will always burn an untested image.

Get yourself a BDI2000 and follow the standard path.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The thing is, as you progress in the Craft,  you'll  learn  there  is
another rule... When you break rules, break 'em good and hard.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_