[U-Boot-Users] Cross compiling problem of u-boot-1.1.1 on powerpc850

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 28 00:16:54 CEST 2004

In message <F67283E4-285E-11D9-B514-000A95A5473A at hughes-family.org> you wrote:

> > Please do not send base 64 encoded messages.
> >
> > Please do not send HTML messages.
> >
> > Please send plain text only.
> >
> > Message unreadable, ignored. Sorry.
>
> Not sure how one would do this if one is Chinese and using hotmail for
> email...  In the 21st century one might suggest that if a
> base64-encoded message in a non-western character set is unreadable,
> the problem is on the receiving side not the sending side.

Craig, I disagree. This is policy, and the policy on this list is  to
post in plain text only. You can do it, I can do it, everybody can do
it.  Using  HTML  or  base64 encoding is a waste of bandwidth, and it
makes the message unprocessable with standard tools like grep etc.

If the poster is a Chinese or an Indian or a Russian or whatever does
not matter here: we all post in English anyway, so you don't need any
fancy characters - plain old ASCII code will do.

It is just good will that such messages are accepted at all  on  this
mailing  list.  The  longer  this  continues, the more I'm tempted to
automatically reject all messages that contain HTML or base64 encoded
text. Maybe we should reject top-posters and full-quoters as well ;-)

Of course I _can_ read such messages if  I  feel  like  it.  I  don't
_want_  to  see  such  postings on this list, and I think I make this
clear often enough.

To make it absolutely clean: I want only plain text postings, please.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Good morning. This is the telephone company. Due  to  repairs,  we're
giving  you  advance notice that your service will be cut off indefi-
nitely at ten o'clock. That's two minutes from now.