[U-Boot-Users] Loading U-Boot SREC file

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Sun Oct 31 15:21:52 CET 2004

Hi Devraj,

> Thanks to everyone who responded to my email. I managed to get a
> version of UBoot compiled for our target board and have ended up with
> an SREC file.
>
> The boot loader that already exists on the board allows me to load the
> SREC file via TFTP, and I have succeeded doing that. I am still unsure
> if we should go ahead burn the image and restart the board to see
> UBoot come up.

I am not familiar with your platform but the SREC file is definitely
not for tftp download.  You will end up with the SREC file in memory -
uninterpreted.  If you use tftp, then use the bin file - the srec
format is for serial download only.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
In the topologic hell the beer is packed in Klein's bottles.