[U-Boot-Users] porting to new board: what to do next?

Benjamin Collar benjamin.collar at siemens.com
Wed Sep 1 17:32:54 CEST 2004

Hello again everyone,

Thank you for the information you gave me yesterday. I've got a BDM
debugger (Lauterbach) hooked up and am stepping through the u-boot
startup.

The (current!) problem occurs in cpu_init_f and has to do with the value
defined in the configs/board.h for CFG_OR0_REMAP.
This is based on CFG_REMAP_OR_AM. What I need to know is, how do I
figure out the right values for CFG_REMAP_OR_AM and PRELIM_OR_AM? I read
the README and unfortunately it says nothing (that I understood...). I'm
okay with deriving the information, perhaps from the CPU Manual or the
Flash Manual or the board's spec, but really, I'm not sure exactly what
these values mean. Can someone give me a short explanation?

So you know what kind of hardware I'm dealing with, the basics are an
MPC852T CPU with a 16MB Flash: AM29LV320 and SDRAM MT48LC4M32B2.

Thanks for your help
Ben

--
Benjamin Collar