[U-Boot-Users] porting to new board: what to do next?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 1 19:37:26 CEST 2004

Dear Benjamin,

in message <1094052774.28157.19.camel at mhpajh5c> you wrote:

> This is based on CFG_REMAP_OR_AM. What I need to know is, how do I
> figure out the right values for CFG_REMAP_OR_AM and PRELIM_OR_AM? I read

We cannot tell you. It is you who defines the memory map of your board.

> the README and unfortunately it says nothing (that I understood...). I'm
> okay with deriving the information, perhaps from the CPU Manual or the
> Flash Manual or the board's spec, but really, I'm not sure exactly what
> these values mean. Can someone give me a short explanation?

These are the address masks used in the MPC8xx memory controller.

You will want to read the section about the memory controller in  the
MPC8xx User's manual.

> So you know what kind of hardware I'm dealing with, the basics are an
> MPC852T CPU with a 16MB Flash: AM29LV320 and SDRAM MT48LC4M32B2.

Sorry, this doesn't help anything. We  would  need  _all_  the  nasty
little  details (probably including the schematics), and then it will
become real effort, which you cannot get for free, not even here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Applying computer technology is simply finding the  right  wrench  to
pound in the correct screw.