[U-Boot-Users] Placement Question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 2 22:02:48 CEST 2004

Dear Jon,

in message <1094153264.337.63.camel at blarg.somerset.sps.mot.com> you wrote:

> Currently, there is an ethernet driver called tsec.c and tsec.h
> in the cpu/mpc85xx/ directory.  This is clearly not the correct
> place for it.  I'd like to detemine where the correct place is.

At the moment this is clearly the _correct_ place for it, as the 85xx
is the only processor that supports such an interface.

> This driver will be needed by the 85xx family of processors,
> and some new, not-yet-released processors that are in an
> entirely different family.

I see.

> Rather than cloning the file, I am thinking that it probably
> belongs either in lib_ppc or drivers instead.  As it is already

If there are other processors using the same  driver,  it  should  be
moved  to  drivers  as soon as support for such other processors gets
added.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
1st Old Man:  Gee, its windy today.
2nd Old Man:  No it's not... it's Thursday.
3rd Old Man:  Yeh, me too.  Let's go for a beer.