[U-Boot-Users] Placement Question

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Sep 2 21:27:44 CEST 2004

Wolfgang,

I have a question regarding the placement of a few source files
within the U-Boot tree.

Currently, there is an ethernet driver called tsec.c and tsec.h
in the cpu/mpc85xx/ directory.  This is clearly not the correct
place for it.  I'd like to detemine where the correct place is.

This driver will be needed by the 85xx family of processors,
and some new, not-yet-released processors that are in an
entirely different family.

Rather than cloning the file, I am thinking that it probably
belongs either in lib_ppc or drivers instead.  As it is already
conditionally present based on the symbol CONFIG_TSEC_ENET,
placing it in one of these places won't affect the size of
other images that don't need it.

Is one of these places the real right place?  Is some other
directory even better?

Thanks,
jdl